Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Memorial Day, Happy Birthday Duke

I don’t know if I’m going to go to the new Pirates movie this weekend. I fell asleep in the first one and a second viewing of it did not change my opinion of it, and I hated the second one. So there’s no great rush to go out and see it, though I usually do like to start the summer movie season off with a big blockbuster. B

But it's three hours long. We're not talking "Ben-Hur" here. It's the third part of a trilogy based on an amusement park ride at Disneyland...and it's three hours long!

Besides, Saturday is the John Wayne 100th birthday celebration so any extra time this weekend will likely be spent watching the Duke. I hope to watch the new DVD Special Edition of “The Searchers” sometime this weekend in between BBQs and family get-togethers.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend. And Happy Birthday Duke.

1 comment:

spazz said...

Kevin, dude, the Hans Z. score alone is worth the price of addmission to Pirates!